Monday, October 12, 2009

Effort?

I saw lots of great speeches today, and I saw some poorly prepared speeches as well.

I can usually guess which classes will have great speeches, and which classes may not be as prepared. SO, I have a couple of questions....

For those who made the 2 minute mark, had well researched information, a visual, good eye contact, sources cited, and an enthusiastic speech, will receive full credit.

BUT.........

1. Do you feel it's fair for me to give credit to someone who had a week to prepare, but did NOT make the 2 minute mark? Yes or No? Why?

2. Do you feel it's fair for me to give credit to someone who made up info. or gave their own opinions regarding a topic in order to make the 2 min. mark? Yes or No? Why?

3. Do you feel it's fair for me to give credit to someone who had a week to prepare, but chose NOT to present? Yes or No? Why?

4. Do you feel it's fair for me to give credit to someone who did not have a visual? Yes or No?

5. Do you feel it's fair for me to give credit to someone who was told Notecards ONLY, but didn't have them? Yes or No? Why?

6. Do you feel it's fair for me to give credit to someone who may have baked, brought in chinese, bought donuts, provided cokes, showed some beautiful pics of the Statue of Liberty, compared to someone drawing their visual on a sheet of notebook paper?

Give me your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment